[GlowWorm FW v1.5.3b3]
Released date: 2007.03.06
Revision number: 1883
Download link: GlowWorm-1.5.3b3.dmg.zip
There has been a long-standing issue with the registration system, where very, very few registration
codes simply would not validate. The problem had to do with the base-64 encoding, and the addition
of an extra line return when the base-64 output was an even multiple of the line width. Ridiculous.
When updating a rule while the DataMonitor was running, a zero-update stat message would be sent
to it (and any other stat handlers), as though stats were enabled for that rule - when in fact
they were not. But this would cause the DataMonitor plugin to display a new monitor window for
that rule. And they'd continue to accumulate. Anyway, that's fixed.
And the big news is this: the StreamMonitor plugin and the Packets module are here and ready
to be used. Or tested, anyway. The StreamMonitor plugin
is bundled with GlowWorm, and both GlowWorm FW and GlowWorm FW Lite have the Packets features
enabled during the first hour of operation. So, with the StreamMonitor and
Packets module, one
can enable streaming on a rule, and all sockets that match on that rule will send all of the
data to the StreamMonitor plugin, which will organize and display that data, along with the
endpoint ip addresses and port numbers plus a bunch of other information. Very useful tool for
debugging network protocols, etc.
An issue existed that caused kernel panics under dual-processor G5s. It may have also manifested
itself on dual-processor G4s, but we don't have such a machine to test on. The kernel panics can
occur pretty quickly after starting GlowWorm, or may not happen for several hours. It is
recommended that everyone upgrade to this latest beta; especially those running dual-processor
- Fixed a couple minor issues in the kext; none likely to have caused panics, however.
- Fixed an issue in the registration system.
- Registration validation errors now print debug info to the console.
- Fixed an issue when updating a rule, a zero-update stat message would be sent to the stat handlers, erroneously.
- Fixed several minor issues with the authorization alert window.
- Added support for the StreamMonitor plugin and Packets modules.
- Fixed a kernel panic issue for dual-processor G5s.