[GlowWorm FW v1.5.2b8]
Released date: 2007.02.05
Revision number: 1784
Download link: GlowWorm-1.5.2b8.dmg.zip
Added support for a very cool new feature. The Authorization Alert dialog should now fairly
accurately show the host name corresponding to the socket connection, as you were likely to
have typed it (in the web browser, or on the command line, etc.) instead of relying upon
the ever-so-fickle reverse dns records. Specifically, if you type yahoo.com into Safari, then
the authorization alert should actually read yahoo.com instead of w2.rc.vip.scd.yahoo.com,
which is popularly believed to be somewhat less useful. And no, it does not just strip off
everything prior to yahoo.com. You'll need GlowWorm FW (not Lite) to use this
feature. There's a free demo. Try it.
Fixed numerous inconsistencies related to Auto Answer, that should make life much more sane
for many people.
Finally fixed some focus issues, so that after you answer an Authorization Alert, the focus
should switch back to whatever application you were in before the alert was displayed. Also,
the Preferences window for Menubar.app should not receive the focus when it is opened, instead
of coyly hanging out in the background.
- Added support for showing the relevant host names for authorization alerts instead of relying on reverse dns.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was not being given to the Menubar.app Preferences window.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was not restored to the application that had the focus prior to the Authorization Alert window being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the state of the Remember switches was, well, screwed up after Auto Answer Remember was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Application Monitor plugin crashed at a certain makeKeyAndOrderFront call.
- Fixed re-sizing issues for some of the GUI components in the Options tab of the Rule Editor rule edit panel.
- Updated the rule file format to v2.7 and added DAAP to the default iTunes rule.
- Fixed several significant issues in the kernel extension that seemed to only affect PPC.