[GlowWorm FW v1.5.2b6]
Released date: 2007.02.01
Revision number: 1749
Download link: GlowWorm-1.5.2b6.dmg.zip
Due to the lack of anonymous semaphores, it was previously impossible to run multiple instances
of either GlowWorm.app or Menubar.app. Random sempahore names are now used, so, that should no
longer be a limitation. However, running multiple instances of Menubar.app isn't advisable at
There was a nasty deadlock issue which, thankfully, was subject to a timeout. This increased the
GlowWorm startup time by five seconds. The code that was causing the deadlock issue was temporary
code, so the finaly solution was simply implemented to resolve the issue. In particular, the
user and groups are now retrieved via a call to the kernel extension, which forwards that request
to glowwormd which obtaines the desired information from NetInfo and sends back it back along
the same route. When the day comes that remote administration is supported, this feature will
be necessary, because you will want to see the users/groups for the target machine, instead of
the machine on which GlowWorm.app is running.
- Improved error handling throughout Menubar.app.
- Fixed a semaphore naming issue which prevented multiple instances of GlowWorm.app and Menubar.app from running simultaneously.
- Fixed a slow-startup/deadlock issue related to retrieving NetInfo user/group lists.
- Added support for retrieving user/group lists via the kernel extension thus brining us one step closer to support remote administration.
- Fixed an issue where Menubar.app was assuming non-Lite when installing its event notification handler.
- Fixed an issue where the kernel extension was not verifying that conn actions for new rules were supported by the installed license.